10 Habits of Confident Women
The dictionary definition of confidence states that “it is a feeling or belief that one can have faith in or rely on someone or something.”
Immediately, it conjures up the ideal that confidence is granted to us by someone or something else. Yet, confidence is a deeply personal and meaningful emotion that we obtain little by little, unconsciously and consciously, by ourselves, throughout our lives, based on our own experiences.
Our confidence has a huge impact on how we enjoy life. When we are confident and happy, it creates a ripple effect, influencing the people around us positively. Confidence can start with your mannerisms, your body language, your tone, and in how you present yourself to others.
Those who exude confidence may not feel confident at times, but this attitude develops into a habit, and eventually, quite naturally, you will find that you are comfortable with who you are, and in your own skin.
Confidence starts with developing positive habits, and so, we have listed our top ten habits of a confident woman below for you. You don’t need to have them all to be confident, but it would be difficult to find a confident woman who didn’t possess at least some of these traits:
A confident woman doesn’t settle for the “norm”:
- It is very rare, in fact, almost impossible to find a confident woman who is a “yes sir, no ma’am” kinda gal. A confident woman would never just go with the flow, would never not question things, and is far from average.
- “Why are you doing what you’re doing? Is there a better way?”, are the sorts of questions she would ask.
- She isn’t afraid to stand up and say that something isn’t working for her or that she is more comfortable trying something a different way.
A confident woman understands her strengths and weaknesses:
- Understanding your own character is the key to your success; a confident woman knows her strengths and weaknesses and knows how to use them to her advantage.
- She is exceedingly honest with herself about what areas in her life need improvement and what areas are her best in order to achieve her goals.
- She not only has goals, but she has the tools to achieve them.
- She gets that her life will not stand still for anyone and that it’s up to her to take control.
- She makes her luck happen.
A confident woman has her goals firmly in place:
- She understands that setting goals and visualising her future is how she will manifest her own success.
- She is serious about these goals and rarely gets distracted.
- She has her plan set out to achieve these goals.
- She is not naive to the fact that the plan needs to be realistic, and achievable, because failure is not an option.
A confident woman uses positive words in conversations:
- She uses positive words in her conversations to build herself and those around her up.
- A conversation with a confident woman will leave anyone feeling inspired.
A confident woman oozes poised body language:
- There are clear psychological benefits to the “power pose” and a confident woman can definitely use this to her advantage.
- She will stand up straight and ooze confidence even when she’s not feeling great that day.
- A confident woman stands tall, looks people in the eye when she is talking to them, and smiles, because she believes in herself.
A confident woman focuses only on the positive:
- A confident woman in your presence is infectious and inspiring.
- She has no time for energy vampires and chooses people who add value to her life and visa versa.
- She spends time with people who she admires and respects.
- She has this wonderful ability to see the positive even in the direst situation and leaves anyone in her presence feeling inspired.
- Yes, even confident women have horrible days, but what makes her stand out is that she strives to see the positive in everything and only surrounds herself with positive people and positive energies.
A confident woman doesn’t compare herself to others:
- With social media, it’s nearly impossible to not know what someone else is up to all the time.
- Although it’s often tempting to compare themselves to others, confident women avoid this toxic decision and rather choose to support others.
- Confident women choose to praise, respect, and support her peers. This way, she gets to network, share, and feel inspired by other women’s achievements and lives, rather than feel threatened by them.
A confident woman knows that looking after herself is the number one priority:
- A confident woman knows that the first person she needs to take care of is herself; if she can’t take care of herself, then she cannot take care of anyone else.
- She knows there’s no point in burning the candle at both ends in order to achieve success, because that is not sustainable.
- Although she prefers to sale her own ship, she is not too proud to ask for help when she needs it.
A confident woman is happy to step out of her “comfort-zone”:
- Regardless of who you are, stepping outside of your comfort zone is frightening and uncomfortable. BUT, a confident woman knows that nothing extraordinary is ever achieved within the walls of her comfort zone.
- She is willing to do something new every day that scares her, because that is what builds confidence and self-worth.
A confident woman knows that confidence is not about her appearance, yet, understands the benefits of “Power-Dressing”:
- Every woman out there has that one outfit that makes her feel beautiful, confident, and fierce!
- And while we completely get that confidence goes way beyond how we look, we also understand that even a little boost in confidence, when we are wearing our favourite dress, that comfortable little tweak undies, and killer heels, is totally worth it.
From feeling confident, to living confidently, you will begin to see your life changing, your goals growing, and your expectations of yourself exceeding all possibilities you had originally imagined.
Begin to live, love and breathe confidence, and before you know it, confidence will become a part of your DNA make-up. We are not born with confidence, we earn it….